Tuesday, October 02, 2007

good old Heidelberg

I just got back from a trip to my old hometown, Heidelberg, Germany. My old friends and I had a little reunion during the Herbst festival - an amazing event where the entire Medieval town of Heidelberg comes alive with bands, sausages, and all kinds of interesting things. I went alone, and boy was it weird to be without my two babies. Enjoyed it though. Also drank beer, which I have totally stopped doing since I left Germany, as it is just not as good.


Look at the nice underwear you can get there: (sorry it's sideways)



4 comments:

david elzey said...

aw, that hit a funny little softspot for me. i remember visiting h-berg around that time, but i think i missed the fest.

and the beer! no one believes me about the german beer here in the states!

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

you totally bought the underpants didn't you? Yeaahhh, don't deny it....

VirtualT said...

yeah, you can't beat the beer in Germany (ok, and Belgium too, but that's more for the really hard core types).

Was tempted for about 2 seconds to buy underwear - just for the hilarity of it. Especially on my very un-mannequin-like bod.

Anonymous said...

haha--knew it!