Thursday, April 26, 2007

Chris Isaak II



Sorry for my previous all about me-me-me post. The show was actually good. Even if you never heard of Mr. Chris, you could enjoy it. Good accessible handling of American yee-haw rockabilly + Elvis. Kind of. Granted, he himself is no spring chicken, but Chris Isaak could potentially get less geriatric band members though - just for image purposes, as I feel certain guitar playing only improves with age. But for the show. It could be beneficial. Sorry for that very shallow notion.

I don't even know if he ended up with Helena Christensen (again, sp? and, right model?) but c'est la vie. If there had been an after party hopefully I'd be full of info, etc.

In other news, my doctor wants me on antidepressants, based on my scattered recollection to her of how I've been sick, how much weight I've lost, and how my bell's palsy is still hanging around a year later. For fuck's sake. (Sorry. I know this is supposed to be a family show.) Do I take the meds? I don't want to. I'd have to stop breastfeeding, for one thing. Why can I not take a vacation from my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is your Doctor from around there? She sounds so.... AMERICAN. And also? i think blogs were invented so that people could be encouraged to go on and on about themselves, that's the whole beauty of it.

Anonymous said...

I agree, blogs are good for ranting.

Sorry to hear about the medication dilemma.

I just started reading a book called "Crazy: A Father's Search Through America's Mental Health Madness".

I haven't a lick of advice to share, but hope you can find a good solution. Seems like a tough place to be.